Homeowners Insurance Claims


If you own an insured home in Florida, you may not be aware of the full extent of your policy benefits. This is the case with a lot of homeowners. We see how uninformed homeowners often fail to even file a legitimate insurance claim, or, upon filing, are forced to accept undervalued settlements.

The Monfiston Firm, P.A focuses 100% of its practice on protecting policy holders in these situations. We will review your policy to determine your coverage and fight for the compensation you are entitled to. In certain cases, we can even examine the results of prior insurance claims to ensure that you received the full amount available under your policy.

Here are a few common claims for South Florida:

 Water Damage

Most policies cover damages arising from sudden and accidental discharge or ingress of water such as roof leaks, broken water pipes, and incoming rain (provided the roof or window damage was caused by violent winds). However, flood damage or water intrusion from outside sewers/drains are sometimes not covered by standard Florida HO3 policies. If you’re not sure what benefits you may be entitled to after experiencing water damage to your home, we can help.


Policies often cover damages attributed to fire-related losses. If a fire breaks out in your home, the fire department will come to investigate in order to determine the cause. Events such as faulty wiring, lightning, brush fires, or accidents will normally be covered. If you have questions about the extent of your fire coverage, contact us.


Many people assume that their homeowners’ policy will cover damage caused by hurricanes, tornadoes, and natural disasters. This is not always the case, and even if you do have coverage, your policy may have specific exclusions that all policyholders need to be aware of.  Make an appointment with one of our attorneys today to go over your policy and confirm what you are protected against.


Most policies often cover damages attributed to various forms of mold, which often thrives in Florida’s moist and humid climate. A determination on whether this type of damage is covered could largely depend on many factors. (i.e. pipe leak, duration, etc.) If you have questions about a potential mold claim, contact us.

 Cast-Iron/PVC Drain Line Break

Most policies often cover damages attributed to plumbing leaks and/or overflows. The source of these problems are often unknown until an overflow or similar event occurs. These resulting damages are often catastrophic and expensive to fix.  Especially if your home was built prior to 1981, suggesting that the pipes are likely made of cast iron (which is far more difficult to replace than PVC). If you suspect that your damaged/corroded drain line may have contributed to your property loss, contact us for a free evaluation.

Tile/Dropped Object

Homeowners’ policies will frequently cover damage to tiles, although it will depend on the cause. If your floor tiles are damaged due to a sudden and accidental occurrence, this loss may be covered pursuant to your insurance policy. If your insurer denies, or undervalues, your claim for tile damage, we can review your coverage to determine if you are entitled to benefits. Contact us to see if this is the case. 


Most policies often cover damages attributed to vandalism and/or mischief. You will have to notify your insurer about the losses and file a police report, which the insurance company will use to decide how much will be paid out against the policy. We will help you with any claim for stolen or damaged personal property.


Most policies often cover damages attributed to sinkholes. Oftentimes, homeowners are unaware that the damages their property is suffering is a result of sinkhole activity. Possible indications of sinkhole damages may be structural cracks and/or internal plumbing leaks. If you suspect that your property damages may be associated with sinkhole activity, contact us for a free evaluation. 


Your homeowners’ policy should cover most damages attributed to certain types of roof/ceiling and/or other structural collapses. Costs for replacing these damages tend to be high, so let us review your policy to determine the maximum amount you may be entitled to.

 Assisted Living Expenses/Fair Rental Value

Depending on the policy, some insured may be entitled to relocation and/or lost rental value benefits. Contact us for a free policy evaluation if you have questions regarding these benefits.

Contact Us Today

When a dispute arises over whether your claim is covered, the team at The Monfiston Firm will analyze the situation and provide assertive, aggressive representation when necessary to make sure the insurer honors their promise to you. For a free consultation, call 1-888-988-FIRM (3476) to speak with one of our Florida homeowners insurance attorneys.